Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
|Position / Job Description :
Mentee Manager ICT
|Contact number :
||023 626 8201
|E-mail address :
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of the ICT Department that consist of three (3) IT Technicians
- Responsible for ICT governance and formal controls over IT systems
- Updating ICT disaster recovery plans
- Updating of ICT Governance Framework
- ICT budget, project, strategic and network capacity planning
- Enforce and updating of IT policies (compliant to Auditor General)
- Liaise with ICT Service Providers and Vendors
- Management of Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Legalisation of all software
- Responsible for support and maintenance of five (5) Municipal towns (Ashton, Robertson, Bonnievale, Montagu and McGregor) ICT infrastructure
- Responsible for support and maintenance of ICT Core Platform
- Maintaining the standards for server installations and applications
- Support, maintain and monitoring of all application/file servers
- Supporting Environment (Windows 2003/2008, Exchange, SQL, VMware, Hyper V, Citrix, Linux, SAN’s, Tape Library’s, Symantec, ISA, TM3 Monitoring)
- Administration and support of the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Support and maintain 300 Active Directory end users
- Maintain and support Prepaid Electricity/Water system within municipal area
- Networking and Security on ICT Infrastructure (Monitoring the performance of the network and access control to the network)
- Ensure Backups and backup test restores
- Responsible for procurement of new hardware and software (does it meet existing standardisation requirements)
Staff Composition and Responsibilities:
- ICT department consist of 3 Technicians dedicated to support and maintain 300 end-users, 32 Application Servers and Networks.
Key Functional Areas of the ICT Department are as follows
- Application Development and Support:
- To provide software application support for end-users through analysis, research, evaluation, development, and integration of applications.
Assistance to end-users:
- To offer timely and efficient technical support to end-users. Technical support after hours is provided to end-users / vending points for the Langeberg Municipality.
Technology Planning and Management:
- To provide effective management of the Langeberg Municipal technical resources through resource tracking, project management, clerical assistance, and managerial support.
- To provide timely and effective technical assistance to Municipal departments.
Network and Security Support:
- To provide an efficient, secure, and reliable network infrastructure that supports data and/or voice requirements for the Langeberg Municipal service delivery initiatives.
Fiscal Planning and acquisition of IT Peripherals and Support:
- Consolidation of all needs assessments from departments into a workable format for prioritization by the Langeberg Municipal Council during the budgetary Process.
Vision and Objectives of ICT Department
- ICT Department is the innovative resource that continuously enhances Service Delivery using information and computing.
- We are dedicated to ensuring the integrity of data, improving Services Delivery, and fostering a bright technological future for Langeberg Municipality.
- To improve and enhance the ICT platform in alignment with the need for business to have higher productivity.
- To ensure that the business objectives of delivering services to the community are met by the Langeberg Municipality.