Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
|Position / Job Description :||
Mentee Manager ICT
|Name :||Z. Prins|
|Contact number :||023 626 8201|
|E-mail address :|
Duties & Responsibilities
Staff Composition and Responsibilities:
- ICT department consist of 3 Technicians dedicated to support and maintain 300 end-users, 32 Application Servers and Networks.
Key Functional Areas of the ICT Department are as follows
- Application Development and Support:
- To provide software application support for end-users through analysis, research, evaluation, development, and integration of applications.
Assistance to end-users:
- To offer timely and efficient technical support to end-users. Technical support after hours is provided to end-users / vending points for the Langeberg Municipality.
Technology Planning and Management:
- To provide effective management of the Langeberg Municipal technical resources through resource tracking, project management, clerical assistance, and managerial support.
- To provide timely and effective technical assistance to Municipal departments.
Network and Security Support:
- To provide an efficient, secure, and reliable network infrastructure that supports data and/or voice requirements for the Langeberg Municipal service delivery initiatives.
Fiscal Planning and acquisition of IT Peripherals and Support:
- Consolidation of all needs assessments from departments into a workable format for prioritization by the Langeberg Municipal Council during the budgetary Process.
Vision and Objectives of ICT Department
- ICT Department is the innovative resource that continuously enhances Service Delivery using information and computing.
- We are dedicated to ensuring the integrity of data, improving Services Delivery, and fostering a bright technological future for Langeberg Municipality.
- To improve and enhance the ICT platform in alignment with the need for business to have higher productivity.
- To ensure that the business objectives of delivering services to the community are met by the Langeberg Municipality.