From 01 October 2020, libraries have reopened and operate from 09:00 to 16:00, Mondays to Fridays with Robertson and Montagu Libraries also open on Saturdays from 10:00 to 12:00.
- Montagu and Sunnyside Libraries will reopen on Monday, 26 October 2020 under the same conditions as other libraries in Langeberg Municipality.
- Due to ongoing technical difficulties service delivery may be slightly affected. We apologies in advance for any delay experienced at these libraries.
- Montagu Library will be open on Saturdays from 10:00 to 12:00 starting 31 October 2020.
- Ashbury Library will not be open on Saturdays.
Only a determined amount of patrons will be allowed at any time in the library and the following rules will apply:
- The wearing of masks are compulsory and no one without a mask will be allowed to enter a library.
- Patrons will only be allowed to stay in the library for 15 minutes. No one are allowed to sit and read books. All patrons will be encouraged to return their material, select new material and check it out as soon as possible to allow other patrons to use the library.
- No children will be allowed to enter a library.
- Only books may be checked out. Periodicals and other media, such as CD’s and DVD’swill not be available.
- Each patron may lend 5 books in the adult section and 3 books for their children.
- New patrons are encouraged to apply for membership at libraries.
- The following services will not be available:
- Use of the study area
- Use of computer and internet facilities
- These conditions will be revised in December 2020 with possible changes beingimplemented on January 2021.
We thank you for understanding and complying with these conditions.