On 23 April 2020, President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced a Risk Adjusted Approach to ease some of the restrictions effected during the National Lockdown. On 25 May 2020, Cabinet has determined that the alert level for the whole country should be lowered from level 4 to level 3 with effect
from 1 June 2020.
Langeberg Municipality have put the necessary health and safety protocols in place within their working environment, to continuously ensure the provision of services in the public sectors that will become incrementally active during the various levels.
During risk level 3, municipal services and processes will continue to be rendered within the limitations as issued by the President.
Municipal Service Delivery as from 01 June 2020:
- Municipal pay points will be open.
- Waste dumping facilities will be open.
- Municipal administration offices will be open. Where possible, officials will continue to work remotely from home.
- Municipal parks, community halls, sports facilities, the public swimming pool, and libraries will remain closed.
- Essential services will continue to be rendered.
- Electricity services will be operating during this period to attend to maintenance matters;
- Water and Sanitation Services will also be operating;
- During this period sewage removal services need to be requested by contacting the Call Centre.
- Irrigation water supply will commence.
- Solid waste will be doing refuse removal as per their normal schedule;
- Traffic Services
- Traffic Officers and Law Enforcement will be in operation as normal.
- Vehicle licensing, drivers licence and roadworthy certificate will resume duties when the Traffic offices open on 01 June 2020.
- Security Services at our sporting facilities will be operational to protect our assets;
- Fire Fighting Services will also be operational as normal;
- Payment of Municipal Accounts
- Account payments can be made at outside vendors that are open or at the municipal pay points.
- Meter reading services will resume.
- Pre-paid electricity can be purchased at retail food vendors, online or at municipal pay points.
Banking details for traffic fine and account payments:
Account Name: Langeberg Municipality
Absa Bank, Montagu Branch (334 513)
Account No: 105 000 000 8
Reference: Your Municipal Account Number or in case of a Fine Reference the fine reference number
Swift Code: Absa Za Jj
- Supply Chain and Capital Projects
SCM will resume its functions. Tenders will be re-advertised after the lockdown period is over.
- Public Participation
- Municipal Council Meetings
Council meetings including Portfolio Committees will commence, via online platforms. Councilors can be contacted via email or their mobiles as they will not be in the offices.