DONATE FOOD AND GOODS
There are a few drop off points run by local organisations from where goods can be donated for distribution to vulnerable households.
We call on our broader community, farmers and businesses that are in a position to donate to drop off and the support the trolleys at exit in the supermarkets or drop off at local SAPS social crime units in the different towns.
Residents can also contact their local churches to drop off donations that can be distributed.
- Callie de Wet Hall, these items will go towards the Doullos Trust caring for the homeless at the Community Hall. Contact: Vincent Andries at 0796901789
- SAPS Social Crime Unit: Constable Valentyn from 09:00 – 15:00 on Mondays – Fridays (Exclude Public Holidays)
- Soup Kitchen at the Shoprite building. Contact: 0833539811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bonnievale Spar Trolley, items go towards the Bonnievale feeding scheme. Contact: Theuns Coetzee
- SAPS Social Crime Unit: Sergeant Du Toit from 09:00 – 15:00 on Mondays – Fridays (Exclude Public Holidays)
- Montagu Spar Trolley or Locarno shop, items will go towards the Montagu Crises Management Team, Rescue Among Many, and Animals Matter Langeberg to distribute items. Contact: Celia at 0656219900
Click here to view their Facebook page
- SAPS Social Crime Unit: Constable De Koker from 09:00 – 15:00 on Mondays – Fridays (Exclude Public Holidays)
- SAPS Social Crime Unit: Sergeant Hamilton from 09:00 – 15:00 on Mondays – Fridays (Exclude Public Holidays)
- SAPS Social Crime Unit: Cleaner Samora from 09:00 – 15:00 on Mondays – Fridays (Exclude Public Holidays)
Standing together and spreading our financial resources will be critical to all of us. Should you wish to help financially by donating to a local organisation or the Solidarity fund will help bring relief to those hardest hit by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Here is a list of more NPO’s in support of Langeberg communities:
- Montagu Crises Management Team
Contact: Celia at 0656219900
- Breederiver Hospice
Contact: 023 626 5710
- Winelands SPCA
Contact: 071 025 7805
- Afrikaanse Christelike Vroue Vereniging (ACVV)
Contact: 023 626 3097 or email@example.com
- Child Welfare South Africa
Contact: 023 626 4931 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bonnie People Project
Contact: 071 362 0156 or email@example.com
- McGregor Community Services Projects
Contact: 023 625 1033
- Herberg Childrens Home
Contact: 0236263140 / 0845862583
- The Solidarity Fund
Set up by the South African government, this fund aim to prevent the spread of the disease and to detect, care for and support those in need. For more information, and how you can get involved, click the link here.
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch Name: Sandton City
Account Name: Solidarity Fund
Account No: 023070021
Account Type: Current account
Branch Code: 051001
SWIFT Code: SBZAZAJJ
*For all EFT payments, please include your Identity / Company Registration / Trust number, as applicable, to facilitate your Section 18A tax certificate preparation.
Western Cape Government Health
Field workers for Community Screening and Testing
Western Cape Government Health has called on all health care workers, currently not working for WCGH to volunteer their services to assist with Community Screening and Testing (CST).
Non-Government Organisations: Soup kitchens, food relief organisations
Many NGOs and churches will be preparing meals and other forms of relief packages, please contact the organisations closest to your home and ask how you can be of assistance.